Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July!

We spent Thursday thru Sunday at the lakehouse with the family! It was us, my parents, Keith, Marie and Taylor (Kerry's brother, sister-in-law and niece), Karen and Jim (Kerry's sister and brother-in-law) and Kerry's parents. The boys fished Friday and Saturday mornings, continuing their "Gladewater Cup" tournament. I believe the J's team won this weekend (Jim and Jim). Saturday they fished Lake Gilmer and the game warden decided to pull over Keith and Kerry just to check everything out. They had caught a few fish shorter than allowed by the lake, which they were unaware of at the time. So Keith got a ticket by the lovely game warden who he had so kindly helped get her boat out of the water the day before. I guess she had forgotten. The fireworks show at Lake Gladewater was Saturday night and it was great, especially for a town of 5,000 people. We also launched our own fireworks display off the dock and I must say it was very nice! Jackson was scared to death of the fireworks though. He dropped his fishing pole and ran inside when he heard the first one go off. Poor guy, maybe next year he will like them better. It was a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the pictures!


Our little firecracker!

Photobucket

"Gladewater Cup" winners

Photobucket

Our other little firecracker

Photobucket

Aunt Marie and Cousin Taylor

Photobucket

Riding around in the 4th of July decorated boat

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn dumping brush in the lake

Photobucket

No comments: